Saturday, May 26, 2012

4th Friday DeLand Art Walk

4th Friday DeLand Art Walk is my latest venue.  Since moving from Asheville my choice of medium has been limited.  I sold off all of my pottery equipment before the move.  My favorite thing about living here in Central FL is the THRIFT SHOPPING!  They are everywhere.  My love for old boxes is creating a new form of expression.  My theory on art is that is is more about the process than the product.  When the process is meaningful so is the piece.


This was my first box.  I worked on it for over a year and a half.  It was a gift for my husband.  It has layers and layers of Nostalgia, Affirmations, and Memories.  It is his favorite possession.  I have since made many boxes as gifts for friends and family.  I'll try to get them to post something about their boxes with some pictures.  




This Friday was my 4th night in the Alley.  I had the pleasure of spending it with one of my children.  Sean is 15.  We had a great night talking and selling boxes.  
Down Town DeLand is a really unique place.  It's a College Town--Stetson University is located on Main Street.  It is a great place to gather with friends. My favorite shop in Down Town DeLand would have to be The NEST.  The NEST sponsors the 4th Friday event it really is a lot of fun.  
I've gotten a few orders for custom boxes from contacts I've made on Friday nights.  I'll share those projects with you soon.  Birthday gifts for two really extraordinary Women.  

Happy Memorial Day!

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment